COVID-19: Get updates on the law and legal services on Steps to Justice

Change font size:


  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Zoom: 100%

Online, telephone, and mail-order shopping

Step 1: Choose language Step 2: Choose from available formats and options
Available formats and options

What can I do if I have a problem with a seller?

If you have a problem that you are not able to work out with a seller, you can file a complaint with the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services. There is a complaint form on the Ministry website.

The Ministry can look into complaints and can order the seller to follow the rules. The Ministry can also take the seller to court for violating the Consumer Protection Act. If the seller is found guilty, they can get a warning, a fine, or even be sent to jail, and they may be ordered to pay some money to you.

To contact the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services:

Toll-free 1-800-889-9768

Toronto area 416-326-8800

TTY Toll-free 1-877-666-6545

TTY Toronto area 416-229-6086

Fax 416-326-8665



Mailing Address:

Ministry of Government and Consumer Services
Consumer Services Operations Division
77 Wellesley Street West, P.O. Box 450
Toronto, ON M7A 2J6