COVID-19: Get updates on the law and legal services on Steps to Justice

Change font size:


  • Increase
  • Decrease
  • Normal

Current Zoom: 100%

Credit counselling and debt settlement services

Step 1: Choose language Step 2: Choose from available formats and options
Available formats and options

What happens if I cancel the agreement?

If you have the right to cancel the agreement, you can demand a refund of all fees you paid. You must send the credit counsellor or debt settlement company written notice that you want a refund.

If they do not refund your fees, you can sue them in court to get your money back. You can also sue them to get back any money they have not yet paid to your creditors.

If you have already entered into a separate agreement with a creditor, you still have to make the payments to that creditor.