Making a humanitarian and compassionate (H&C) application
Establishment in Canada
Being established or settled in Canada increases an applicant's chances of success.
To show that she is established, a woman's application could refer to such things as:
- how long she has lived in Canada
- why she has been living in Canada
- her work history in Canada
- her level of education
- her skills and training
- volunteer work done in Canada
- her ability to speak English or French
- any children born in Canada
- family members here who are willing and able to help her
- any assets or savings she has in Canada
A woman who got social assistance should explain why she needed it.